Friday, March 30, 2007

Apologies to Joel

I met a man named Joel last weekend. We had a serious conversation about whether Jesus is God, or merely the first created being. I concretely believe the former. The point I used to back up my belief is that Jesus accepts worship - something clearly reserved for God alone. He asked whether that happened while Jesus was a man, and I stumbled to provide a good answer.

It is true that most references that include Jesus and worship are after the resurrection, but it does happen before that. The following transcript does a good job of examining a word often used of worship, and how it is used in the New Testament.

The conversation moved on, and I didn't want to be argumentative. But should you stumble across this page, I wanted you to have a better reference than I was able to provide.

No comments: