Thursday, June 29, 2006

August 9

The all-important day to honor my entry into the world is fast approaching, and a website has just launched to give you a proper way to pay tribute.

http://silverandblueoutfitters.com/store/

Which is to say that stuff like this is pretty cool. The birthday thing is, mostly, a joke. It just gives me a good excuse to say "look at this cool Nevada merchandise." The idea of turning 28 while not only being single but very reminded of the fact by current events stinks - I haven't enjoyed a birthday in years for that very reason. That my hair is begining to go gray before I've been on a single date is not something many people can identify with. The upside is that at 28.5 I'll be halfway to retirement, as far as how long I've been alive. looking forward to (pension-supported) retirement at 57 isn't too bad of a deal. I had looked forward to retirement as a time to travel the country with my wife to take an RV to all the national parks, or something like that. I'll still do so even if I'm alone - hopefully by then I'll have been able to adjust to the idea.

No comments: