Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Deficit News

Let no white-washing fool you. The Federal Budget deficit is big, growing, and not changing any time soon. The President likes to "project" ending deficits by making unrealistic assumptions about what future administrations and Congresses will do, while doing the very opposite himself.

In the news: the monthly deficit in February was $175.56 billion - the highest ever for a single month, surpassing the previous high by roughly $55 billion ($119.99 billion). Even ignoring special timing factors about when the month began and ended (which added some $40 billion to the deficit), if would have still been the highest by over $15 billion.

The highest deficit for any month, ever. There's only one man in the country with the Federal veto pen, and it's on his shoulders and at his feet that I lay the blame for this.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Something I like about your blog is that it's the only thing I read that makes federal deficits into an issue of a moral nature. It's just a perspective that I think you're well suited to bring us, and I don't think I could get from most of my other sources.