Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Debt Update

I like round numbers. So when I passed the $2,500 mark today in my debt-reduction plan, I felt good. I had to do slightly more than my normal $200 payment ($222), and I'm only at $2,499.90... but it's still progress. The end of this month marks 6 months since I started focusing on eliminating roughly $4,800 in debt. In two weeks, I'll pass the halfway point. And in May, the Federal government is going to be kind enough to spot me an extra month-and-a-half in credit-card payments ($600), which will help me hit my goal that much sooner.

At this rate, I should be able to pay off my credit card in time for my birthday (if I have it figured right, the paycheck that puts me over the top is August 8). I might have to turn 30 utterly single, but at least I can do so with $0 revolving debt.

No comments: