Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bad Recurring Dream

I occasionally have a bad recurring dreams. It's not the sort of thing to cause terror, but it's always unpleasant, and the sort of dream I remember the next day.

I'm a senior in high school, and I've forgotten my book for American Government and can't graduate (in last night's version, I had to leave class to try and grab the book out of my car only to realize that I didn't drive to school and was SOL). In another simalar theme, I find that I never graduated college because I forgot I had enrolled in a key class and never attended.

If I had to psycho-analyze myself, I could say that I have a deep and unresolved fear of not moving on to "the next stage in life" because of negligent behavior on my part. Always, I find out too late to fix the problem, so the fear is that not only did I not move on before, but that I am prevented from moving on ever.

I have one such fear. But it seems strange that this fear should be expressed with forgotten textbooks and skipped classes.

No comments: