Sunday, September 02, 2007

Tragedy

Before Friday, I thought I had at least a handle on what grief was. But there are things far worse than being rejected by a cute girl. Things so bad that having to watch a friend go through it makes what I had tabbed as my worst days ever pale by comparison. The story is not mine to tell here, but pray for a family that has been devastated this weekend. Pray for the friends that are providing support to the family. And pray for the pastors and leaders at Coram Deo, that we might know and do everything we can to help them. And pray that God would have mercy on us all through this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
It is truely a tragedy. I am praying for you all. Especially the family. I've been through it four times myself. It never gets any easier. The one thing I can say is to not take it personally. I hope and pray that no one in the church is taking it personally. It's hard not to. I am sure there are a ton of questions that will never get answered. I'm really sorry.
smalls