Monday, August 27, 2007

Lunar Eclipse!

Tonight, the moon will turn the color of blood. Or copper. Or a peach. Or any other description of red/orange you care to use. I intend to go somewhere to photograph it, but "where" is an crucial question. I need a good view to the South and West, because this eclipse is happening between midnight and dawn. I need somewhere where I can unabashedly set up "camp." If there was something interesting in the foreground, that would be nice - part of the joy of a lunar eclipse is that it takes place during a full moon, and I've been meaning to try shooting some full moon landscapes.

As a side note, if you find yourself awake at the hideous hours of the night, go take a look at the moon. If not, hope that my pictures turn out as well as I hope.

No comments: