Sunday, August 12, 2007

In Case Anyone Worried...

We made it back fine from the Black Rock Desert. I took less pictures than I'd have liked, as it was rather windy and dusty at times during the night. The set-up for Burning Man has begun, and obnoxiously bright lights at the construction site made the night-vision much weaker than is normal up there (as well as stirring up more dust for the wind to hurl at us. But having two cars this time (only one before) let us park them in a way that gave us some shelter.

We spent much more of the night huddled under sleeping bags and blankets, occasionally peeking out at the sky, and much less time taking pictures. But it was still fun. The Black Rock Desert is wondrous desolation. I can't describe it better.

On the list for the next trip out there - breathing masks. Waking up with an incredibly irritated uvula (that's feeling better, but still lets me know that it doesn't like me breathing fine alkali dust all night) is something I'd like to avoid in the future.

I'll post pictures when I get around to taking them off my camera. I'm still tired (despite a few hours sleep overnight, and more once I got home), and need to get going to church.

1 comment:

Rob Woods said...

Don't worry Dave, I wasn't worried.

I too was under the stars Saturday night and witnessed a few shooting stars. I saw a beauty of a shooting star compete with yellow tail.

Amazing.