Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Afternoon

Random thoughts:

I'm going to see Ghost Rider this evening. Yay!

With Anna Nichole Smith (sp?) passing away, it has made me think a bit. It is very easy for us to judge "loose" women (whether in lifestyle, dress, or both) harshly. If anything, we should be sad, that lives are collapsing and all anyone seems to care about is the outside drama (who dates who, who cheats on who, who hooks up with who, etc). Do these people know that they could lose every ounce of physical beauty, become old, poor, and cast off from the world and be loved, far more than anything they have yet known?

It's the best time of year right now, because there's a whole year before the next February 14. I also managed to escape this year without looking like an ass by doing nothing except go to a basketball game with my sister. I think it's the first time in years (well, at least 3) that nothing from the day can come back and bite me in the butt. That's a peaceful feeling.

I walked across the street for lunch at Subway today. This is noteworthy because I walked instead of driving, and because I got a healthier meal than is normal - the double deuce!

I made my first posting on craigslist this week. I'm hoping to trade tickets with a Washington State Cougars fan, because they are likely to land in Sacramento and Nevada is likely to go to Spokane for the first (and potentially second) rounds of the NCAA tournament. I already got a response, so we'll see if it works. It's a 12+ hour drive to Spokane. I can do it... really... really, I can... I think I have an aunt in the area. I wonder if we can get lodging?

I need to update my "Currently Reading" list. I'm sort of kind of in the middle of about 5 books, but only actively reading one. Last night was a discussion on the age of the earth, as well as a look at the history of leaded gasoline and some quantum physics. And it was INTERESTING - not just the content, but the writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.