Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Static Earth? I don't think so.

It was once believes that God had created the whole world, as is, with no changes since the flood. We now know this to be false. Way false. Personally, I think that a dynamic Earth is just that much more impressive a place to live. It is a reminder to me that it is important not to dismiss or disbelieve things I don't understand fully. Simply saying "the world must have always been this way" might have been comforting, but the truth has a way of making it past whatever dams we create to containit.

The linked page has another link to a time-lapse movie over 5 days that lets you see a rock growing out of the ground. I'm a geek, so I found this quite cool, even if it is short.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060509.html

No comments: