Monday, December 17, 2007

Want a plane that loops the loop...

I'm not ashamed to say it. I really enjoy Alvin and the Chipmunks. It is a simple pleasure, and I evidently have more tolerance for altered voices than most film reviewers. So when I went to go see the new Chipmunks movie, I didn't know what to expect. Maybe the high pitch would grate on me after a while.

Truth be told, I left wanting more of it. My favorite points of the movie were the the Chipmunks' more classic renditions of "Bad Day," "Only You," and "Funkytown," as well as "Christmas Don't Be Late." Those, and any time the almost unbearably adorable Theodore was onscreen. Just seeing him regularly elicited an audible "Awwwww" from the crowd at the theater.

And what's more, the closest thing to a moral in the movie was "parents sometimes make you follow rules for your own good." In a world where the parent is usually the bumbling fool, in this case there was a fun mix of bumbling and protective caring that made for one of the better family flicks (I would imagine) of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this movie! It is on my to do list, and I hope it is still in the theaters when I get a chance to go. Glad to hear it was good. I love, love, love the Chipmunks! I have their christmas movie, and the movie the made with the chipettes. I also have some of their movies like the chipmunks meet Frankenstein. Anyways, Love em.