Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Word of Mouth

On Sunday, some of our friends came over to play Halo. I was at church, and then at Robby & Heather's, until it was late enough that on coming home I needed to get to sleep.

Through some vein of conversation, my roommate started telling one friend about Coram Deo - specifically, the way we are trying to get out and serve in the community. The friend, who is normally opposed to all forms of organized religion thought it was pretty cool. In his words, "So, it's like a bunch of Daves?"

When my unhurched roommate and a friend who's actively against organized religion are having a conversation about Coram Deo in my absence, and both have a sense that there's something right and proper about a church that wants to actively serve others (and recognize a church doing that for what it is)... that rather made my day.

1 comment: