Sunday, July 15, 2007

We Have Cable

The apartment complex recently got Charter Cable instead of some other company that no one else had ever heard of. Our apartment was upgraded to Expanded Basic for $30 a month (payable with rent).

I have been watching a little more TV as a result (up from practically nothing).

But it's not the Discovery Channel. It's not SciFi, ESPN, Animal Planet, the Cartoon Network, movies, or anything else like that.

It's soccer, broadcast in Spanish.

I once watched part of a game, flipping between the same game on ESPN2 and Galavision. On ESPN, it was boring. Really, really boring. But in Spanish - whether because of a love for the game or because of the way the language slides off your ear - it was almost captivating.

I don't watch whole matches, but as I'm doing other things, I'll put it on for 20 minutes or so.

No comments: