Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Reality/Talent Shows

They are everywhere. On the only channels I get to a visible degree, every one is a reality-talent show. A talent show, a dance show, a modeling show, a singing show. My other options are PBS (documentary about a sinking ship), TBN (sometimes amusing, though even it wasn't coming in well today) and the Spanish-language channel.

I suppose people that don't like talk radio feel the same way, especially on the AM band. I think the audience-participation genre on both TV and radio has a powerful draw.

The problem with the TV shows is that they are all the same. Especially the singing show - they even have an annoying British guy. Painful, it was.

1 comment:

Dawson said...

You stole my next blog - I kid you not. Last night out of the 7 channels that I get, only 1 (pbs) was not a "reality" show. It blew me away. I truly believe that the great sitcoms are going to end as we used to know them. But, I hold out hope that in the next few years they will make a surging comeback as people will be bored with "reality tv"