Tuesday, January 08, 2008

One Day

One day, I will beat Abby Morton at Scrabble. But it sure wasn't last night.

She may have played "Hoaxer," but her victory was anything but a hoax. I should have known I was in for a rough night when my starting letters were G,R,R,L,N,C,(blank). The blank is cool, but you need vowels to make words, and using the blank for such a weak purpose feels like a waste.

My biggest word of the night (and making use of a triple-word score) was GORGED, with the blank for an E. I'm pretty decent with words, but I'm not sure I have Scrabble Skillz.

5 comments:

Rob Woods said...

Heather and I often have many Scrabble times of fun. She has great word choices at times.

Hopefully if you play with us, you won't destroy us like you did at Boggle.

Kenny said...

I suck at Scrabble, which often surprises people because I tend to use 10-cent words. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but the Scrabble Skill is something else...

Anonymous said...

Same suckage here.
Boggle? No problem.
Trivia? I'm a well of useless information.
Scrabble? Susan puts the hurt on me every time.

It's like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

Kenny said...

Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune are good examples.

Unfortunatley, I'm not very good at trivia either, and my wife beats me at Boggle.

It's pretty lame.

Anonymous said...

I had a version of the scrabble dictionary and I talked about it at a yahoo gamers group I met with. They told me I needed the newest version for the cool two letter words. Next time I showed up, one of them gave me the newest scrabble dictionary as a just because gift. It was pretty cool. The only word I ever remember is Ai. It is a two toed sloth. Unfortunately I never remember it when I am playing.

http://phrontistery.info/scrabble3.html

The link above will show you all the legal two and three letter words for scrabble. But they don't say what them mean. You need to look them up yourself.