Monday, October 09, 2006

Spoiled

I'm a spoiled Nevada boy. I imagine it is pretty much always sunny everywhere, all the time. Evidently, it is not. The forecast for my trip to DC next week calls for a 20-40% chance of showers Monday through Wednesday - the other days are currently off the radar.

On top of that, my plans to spend one more night on the Black Rock playa before it becomes a lake again may be foiled by intermittent rain this week. Rain turns the playa into a nasty alkali paste that eats cars. Hopefully, it will still be dry Saturday night into Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

When do you leave for Washington? Are they allowing you a rental car? Virginia in fall should be spectacular. I am amazed that despite the hustle and bustle of D.C. that it is really easy to tranquil spots. I like D.C.

-Dave said...

I leave Monday before the sun rises, and return Friday after it sets. Alas, because a shuttle to the hotel is cheaper (and the hotel is walking-distance from the location of the seminar), no driving fo me. But since the hotel is just off the heart of the DC area, a walking tour should be just fine.