Monday, February 27, 2006

Regrets

Looking back on the remains of another failed attempt to have a girl think of me as something other than a nice, sweet, smart, guy that no girl would ever think of dating has made me nostalgic [But I have to add that things at least reached the best conclusion they can when a guy is head-over-heels and the girl has absolutely no interest in him. She let me know where she stands, but had waited for the chance to do so in person, because she was honestly concerned with being as gentle with it as possible.]

Specifically, I regret the times when there were nice girls who may have been interested in me, but I was too busy chasing after somebody else to notice. I can be a very one-track-mind sort of person. I was once watching an advance screening of The Green Mile with a group of people at UNR. It had been arranged by someone in advance, and I had to leave early to go to a Bible Study (where there was, of course, a girl I was interested in. But I also was leading worship on the guitar, so I really did have prior commitments). But shortly before I had to go, they had the botched execution scene. I was sitting next to a girl from a group I was in at the time. During th flaming death scene, she grabbed my arm. First, and only time that's happened to me, and I really didn;t know how to respond. Mostly, I just wish I did something other than leave 10 minutes later.

But that, too, is now water under the bridge.

No comments: