Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tough Week

Bet you can't guess why. But it's a bet I expect to lose.

Let me just say if another girl ever tells me how nice, sweet, smart, great or admirable I am in the same breath that she tells me how she just doesn't think about me "like that," I might just scream.

She did say that she really appreciated the flowers, but that she was disappointed there wasn't any follow-up, and she was expecting that. I didn't say that, in the absence of the events of the past couple months, I had intended to do that this year - flowers with follow-up. The past couple years, one reason I didn't follow up was that my then-current job was not one I thought I could support a family on, and being able to do so was important to me before pursuing anything further. Now that I have a good career job, that wasn't standing in my way. But, you know. I'm a really nice guy, but she just doesn't think about me like that.

That's a rather common opinion, though. I think it'll take a miracle to find one who does. As Rich Mullins said, "Love is a miracle; it's a miracle if you can find it. And miracles are hard to come by these days."

No comments: