Saturday, March 11, 2006

Rar!

My desktop computer has died, at least for now. Windows encountered several serious, unrecoverable errors. In a time of tight expenses, I now get to get a copy of Windows XP so I can wipe my c: drive and reinstall it fresh.

Fortunately, it looks like the problem is with my c: drive, so my picture and video archives should be safe. I hope.

In a case of cruel irony, I am typing this tale of woe on my laptop, while my roommate watches an episode of Lois & Clark. In it, Lois Lane recounts the tale of a pathetic computer nerd who was her secret admirer in college. She, of course, was not interested.

But in happier news, the Nevada basketball team has won the first two games of the WAC tournament and now faces the #2 team in the conference in the finals Saturday night at 6pm. It should be a good game. The winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. Nevada is widely regarded as a team that will get an at-large bid if it fails to get the automatic bid, but Utah State has to win to get in. If Nevada wins, they go into the NCAA tournament with a 14-game winning streak, the second longest in the nation.

Utah won in Reno, Reno won in Utah (by a much more convincing margin). Utah has a good sized crowd in Reno, and they are loud. Reno fans are individually quieter, but there should be many more of them.

No comments: