Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A lighter note

In order to feel proud, and hopefully therein find motivation to continue:

In the 3 weeks (?) I have been working out, I've dropped about 10 pounds, from a high (albeit late in the day and fully dressed) of 258 to a low early this week (right after waking up) of 247.5.

I *hate* working out. I loathe every minute of it. I loathe every machine in the room, except the TV which reconnects me with ESPN. So I feel that much more proud when I can push through the sore muscles, the desperate desire to get off the elliptical 20 minutes into a 65 minute course, and finish to look down and be proud of my 10,854 strides (a personal record), with just over 875 calories burned, according to the machine, and know that I even did the first 25 minutes at an increased resistance level until the increasing incline + resistance utterly did me in.

And I have to express my thanks to Andrew for the times he can come lift with me. Without having my ego on the line, I would wimp out when lifting much sooner. I may had even stopped by now. And I have to thank Kenny for once upon a time getting me thinking about lifting. Without his beginning shove, I'd be much further behind now.

No comments: