Friday, October 12, 2007

Stuff

The next two months are prime-time for the Christmas Shopping Season.

Please note: I have all the stuff I need. Feel very free not to give me anything. I list a number of charities on the left side of this blog - donate something to them.

A shout out to a local guy trying to make a difference - $30 will do a lot more good for Transformed International than it would to buy me a DVD.

I'm also going to encourage others: try going without gifts, especially if you don't have need of something. But you have to let people know that you'd prefer their money go to someone who's really in need. It might not be easy, or it might be very easy. But it requires you to step up to the plate and say something.

Because it's not that I don't like or want stuff. But there are people whose lives can be changed for the price of a trifle I'll enjoy for a handful of moments.

No comments: