Monday, January 22, 2007

Random Thoughts

I'm now the Keybearer for Coram Deo. I feel like the ringbearer from Lord of the Rings, except that I want to hold it up, burst forth with my best evil laugh, and say "SUCKERS!" Not that the key to a plastics warehouse means much. I'd just get a kick out of it.

Basketball loss + Irish Car Bomb on empty stomach + hot french bread pizza with an unusual quantity of pepperoni = 2nd degree burns on my lip. I took a bite, some of the toppong stuck and pulled free from the pizza, landing right on the front of my lip. I spent the next 4 hours holding Otter Pops (still in package, of course) to the affected area. I fell asleep with two across my face to keep the burn cool.

The moon looked cool last night. I always enjoy a thin crescent. Bet you didn't bother to look. That makes it more cool - the feeling that I'm enjoying something most people are too busy to notice. I feel that way about watching the clouds as I lie in my car during lunch at work.

Hillary Clinton is running for president. Am I the only one who thinks that the run-up is starting so ridiculously early that some people will show up at their polling place this November and wonder why no one is letting them vote?

PBS-HD is beautiful. I watched a documentary last night about the relationship between the Fig Wasp and Fig Trees. I wished I hadn't missed the first half. But watching the worms crawl out of the egg-laying wasp as it was dying was stomach-turning. There was a big part of the story I was missing.

No comments: