Sunday, January 07, 2007

Comet Hunting

There's a comet that's supposed to be pretty bright. But it is probably just too close to the sun to see through the winter haze from Reno by now. I went out looking for it this morning anyway. I didn't spot it, but I got some nifty pictures.

This one is probably the best: it had been viewed 3 times on Flickr, commented on once, and made a favorite as I was working through my pictures that I had uploaded (this is on page 3 at present).
Moon over Mount Rose

This is Reno at 6:20 or so in the morning, as seen from a hill beside the parking lot at the top of Mount Rose Highway.
Reno, From the Mount Rose Highway Summit

This is me, bundled up, sitting next to the trees that provided a hint of shelter. Pictured: my hat, coat hood, sweater hood, and cold face. Not pictured: The sheet of ice on my backside from sitting in one spot in the snow for an hour.
Really, Really Cold

This is the moon. Over Mount Rose. Taken on the way back, when the highway is straight and wide, with broad shoulders.
Moon Over Mt. Rose

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Never seen you with the beard - it's a good look.

-Dave said...

Thanks - even if it has the facial equivalent of bed hair in this shot. I've recieved nothing but positive reactions to it, but I always appreciate more.