Monday, August 21, 2006

Goin' to Fresno

Today I put in for the time off the Friday before Labor Day. Generally, this would be to secure a prime camping site, but this year I am headed out on Friday to watch the first football game of Nevada's 2006 season. There's a bus trip organized - there and back in a day for a nominal fee, and it gives me the chance to meet some new people.

The game'll be on ESPN - the only college football game that day - but I'll get to be there live, hopefully just behind the Nevada bench, proudly sporting the bluest clothing I can find in a stadium full of red. If you happen to catch the game, and see a block of 50 people in blue just behind the Nevada bench, look for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live vicariously through your fandom

-Dave said...

It's all about life experience. Remember your red-dot blue-dot analogy? That's us.

-Dave said...

Boo-hoo. We won't be right behind the bench. We'll be somewhere in section 24, in the corner of one end-zone. But we'll still be there.