Thursday, August 10, 2006

28

As of about 3:15 yesterday, I started working on my 29th revolution around the sun. The last one sucked. This one doesn't look much better, but I'm going to go home and have leftover ice cream cake, leftover chocolate cake, watch an episode or two of Animaniacs and then wipe out an opponent's armies with a swarm of Chinook helicopters. To waste another year wishing I could alter time and space and not waste so many years trying to get to know a girl that wanted nothing to do with me while watching one who actually appreciated my company marry someone else is something I don't plan on doing. What's done is done, and I accept that I'm a damned fool. If I'm going to waste more time, it's going to at least be while doing something enjoyable.

4 comments:

Door to Bangalore said...

Happy anniversary of revolution!

See you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

good for you dave. i hate realizing i've wasted time and energy on someone who didn't care. kudos to you for resolving to make the most of your time from here on out instead of wishing you could go back and change the past. i'm right there with ya!

-Dave said...

The hard thing is figuring out when you're wasting time while you're still doing it.

If practice made perfect, one'd think I'd be a pro. [shrugs]

Rob Woods said...

Happy BDay buddy!