Saturday, April 15, 2006

Reasons I Love Third Day

In getting my new computer all configured, in this case reloading those CDs that I had lost a couple months ago when I transferred them to a new hard drive, on a whim I checked iTunes to see if I could find a Third Day single I had downloaded and subsequently lost (the horrors of digital music).

I stumbled across their latest album: Wherever You Are

The following is from the band's web site, describing the motivation for this album.

“We lost three family members last year and had a pastor who lost a father,” explains guitarist/songwriter Brad Avery. “We have friends who endured divorce and others who have fought financial problems. Those difficult sorts of loss and triumph fueled what we wanted to talk about and made the message a little more tangible to our listeners this time.”
I really like Third Day. I really like the music on the album. And every song I've listened to so far has touched my heart. If you want a glimmer of why, read some of the thoughts going into the songs here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they are one of my favorites. i love not only their music but also who they are as people. in fact, it was after one of their concerts a couple years ago that i came away convicted about my apathy towards people of africa and other nations who are collectively suffering, and i made the decision to sponsor a child through world vision. anyway... i also am a big fan of their latest cd and think it is probably their best work to date. very relateable lyrics, which is one of the biggest things i look for in music.