Sunday, November 20, 2005

Practical

Would you walk away?

Talk is cheap. It is far too easy to wax eloquent (or so I have sometimes flattered myself) about the problems, injustices, pains, and toils of the world. The above link is a post on a site I stumbled across, and it cut me deep. Do you ever wonder about the starving children you see in photographs? Did the photographer do anything? Obviously he was right there, like the film crew in "reality shows," but unlike in those shows, likely not forbidden to intervene.

I want to do less talking, and more acting. Hypocrisy is a subtle trap and a WMD for my faith. Jesus showed boundless love for those who did not hide their faults in a mask of righteousness. He gave sharp warnings to those who care more about the outside than the inside. Whitewashed tombs: pretty on the outside, full of death, decay, and rot on the inside.

1 comment:

Brad Huston said...

Amen, Dave. Great thoughts and thank you for the link.

Brad