Monday, March 14, 2005

Unanswered Questions

Why is every leader of note in my church either married or widowed?

Subquestions: why was my good buddy not made "worship director" until he was engaged or married (and is it bad that I Cannot remember which)?

Why was a married "college administrator" as old or older than every then-leader in the college group appointed who immediately dismissed some of us as too old to connect to that age group (one would think that 24 and married has a harder time connecting than 24 and single)?

What happens if you keep going past the edge of the universe?

How much of our carefully postulaed scientific theory is completely wrong?

Why do mayflies only live as adults for a day?

Does praying actually change anything in the world, or just me?

Why is Sunday the most emotionally difficult day of the week?

Given that I am lonely, why do I pull away from opportunities for human contact?

Why do all of my best ideas occur when it is too late to blog them as I am leaving for work?

Why are different smells or tastes pleasing to one person and repulsive to another?

Why can I be social and friendly at work with complete strangers, and rarely answer the phone when a friend calls at home?

Why does a well-intentioned rejection like "You're a nice guy and I'm sure you'll make some lucky girl very happy" hurt more than one that is more direct and not designed to be encouraging?

Why did we ever do away with arranged marriage?

And finally...

Why did I spend hours pulling out my thermostat and lower radiator hose after my car gushed a volume of water similar to that of Niagra Falls, only to return with new parts and discover the 1/4" hole in an immediately adjacent and much smaller hose when I was ready to repair my car tonight?

No comments: