Sunday, May 04, 2008

Random Sentences

I was recently tagged by Ben, my political doppelganger. The rule is to pick the nearest book to you, turn to page 123 and paste the 6th, 7th, and 8th sentences up. Then, as you desire, you can tag 5 more people.

My random sentences come from The Dilbert Future. I had to use phrases from the comic panels, because there wasn't enough text on page 123. My sentences:

"Ratbert, we'd like you to be the director of marketing for the company we're starting. Okay, what do I do? Be as annoying and illogical as you can."

This was a more interesting read than the one I answered at work on Jeff's blog. That came from the Department of Labor's Dictionary of Titles. That was... dry.

If cousins Ken and Steve, my sister, Dawson, and Jose would be so kind as to add their random sentences (as well as anybody else who cares to try), I'd find it amusing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it have to be the nearest book because the book closest to me is blank on page 123. The 6th, 7th and 8th sentences from there are:

"But before all the big language and the big claims, the story of Jesus was about a Jewish man, living in a Jewish religion among Jewish people, calling people to the way of the Jewish God. When I first began to realize that Jesus was Jewish, I thought, no way, he was Christian. But as I have learned more about Jesus, the Jewish rabbi, I have come to better understand what it means to follow him." Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell

That was fun,
Erin

Steve and Katrina said...

Here we go, I happen to be decluttering my textbooks since I am graduating on Saturday.

From Fabozzi, Bond markets, Analysis, and Strategies

Several theories have been proposed about the determination of term structure: pure expectations theory, the biased expectations theory (the liquidity theory and preferred habitat theory), and the market segmentation theory. All the expectation theories hypothesize that the one-period forward rates represent the market's expectations of future actual rates. The pure expectations theory asserts that it is the only factor.