Monday, April 14, 2008

Microsoft Windows

This ubiquitous program is behind what most everyone uses on their computer. There are exceptions, but it's the absurdly dominant player.

Microsoft rather wants to get everyone switched over to Windows Vista, because Microsoft relies on a constant stream of OS upgrades as a revenue stream.

I'm not going to play. I'm tired of spending literally hundreds of dollars when putting together a computer (okay, I've had to do that once, but I've thought about it more since then... and been daunted by the cost). When I get a laptop (most likely, so I have access when I travel for work) or other computer next, I'm not going with Vista. I'm going with Linux. I've never used it, but I like free. And I don't really do a lot of things that require Windows with my computer, so I don't feel compelled to spend hundreds of dollars for a software program I don't really know (Vista).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the party. I would try ubuntu first.

jason clinton