Saturday, February 16, 2008

When your clock's out of whack...

I took Friday off so that when I went home from work on Thursday I had the prospect of a 4-day weekend to look forward to, as a positive thing to think about other than the wretched holiday. And, for the most part it worked. But, since Friday felt like Saturday, today felt like - of course - Sunday. So when I got a telemarketer call to wake me up at 8:30 am (after being up until 4am!), my first thought was "Shoot! I'm going to be late for church!" The same thing happened when my sister called at 11:30 - I thought first of all "Shoot! I slept through church!"

Tomorrow's our first official day meeting at Double Diamond Elementary. And I need to be there at 9am for setup... though I honestly could get there at 10am as easily... the setup I have to is next to nothing.

It's a new era for our little church. According to people who know more about such things than I, the growth we've seen, especially given that we didn't start off with a typical "core group of families" from a "mother church," has been nothing short of phenomenal. God's been good to us, and provided all of our needs. I hope as we move forward, we can represent him well and continue to see growth in people's lives. All the trappings of things and stuff around us are no more than tools. Seeing people's hearts and lives transformed remains the best part about being involved with the church.

No comments: