Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dealing with Old Computers

It is a state of life in our age that computers quickly become obsolete. Computers are made with specific metals that individually pose no great threat, but en masse are rather nasty things to have in landfills.

I was looking at the Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful website to see what other events they have coming up after we helped with the activities on May 12, and I stumbled onto a link for a company that does private computer recycling. What's more (and of particular value to me) is that they take non-functioning computer parts, too. Many places will refurbish computers for this or that charitable cause - but there's nothing left to computer when I have finished with my computers.

I encourage you to not toss un-functioning computers when you upgrade, not in the trash at least. These people will salvage what they can, and properly dispose of the rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have looking for a place to recycle old computers. thanks for the fish. hehe

Jason Clinton

-Dave said...

*sings*

So long, and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all
But oh dear

You may not share our intellect
That might explain the disrespect
For all the natural wonders
That grow around you

So long, so long and thanks
For all the fish