Monday, November 13, 2006

Stranger than Fiction

Would you ever cry at a Will Farrell movie? Laugh? Usually. Chuckle? Probably. But the star of such high dramas as Anchorman, Old School, and A Night at the Roxbury is not one you would imagine connecting to on a deeper emotional plane.

And yet, I found myself caught up in his character - happy for his successes, worried about his fate, caring whether the character lives or dies (which is the central question of the movie). It had its funny moments, but it was also thought-provoking, in the "live every day as if it were your last" line of thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!! I LOVED this movie. I've seen it twice already and it's been out less than a week. :-D I'm glad that you liked it, too!!

.....and on a totally unrelated note, this is the first time I've been to your blog space in FOREVER. I like the new background!! :)

-Dave said...

I like the background, too. Using one of my own pictures gives it that much more of a personalized feel. It also is a "Hey, look. I'm ARTISTIC" shout to the world.

Imagine my surprise when I had like 13 new e-mails saying I had new comments on my blog. You know, if you read it more often, you wouldn;t have to devote 20 minutes to getting caught up :)