Wednesday, April 15, 2009

House of Sand?

From the President's latest address on the economy:

"We cannot rebuild this economy on the same pile of sand. We must build our house upon a rock."

I would really like to know what, in his view, is the pile of sand and what is the rock with which he'd like to replace it. I view a statement like this as making the economic situation out to be FAR worse than it actually is - and if you want to tear down the (to be very loose) 80% of the economy that is working well to create a new foundation in your image... I really, really want to know what exactly you intend to do, and why you're utterly certain it will work.

Vague language when you talk about building the economy is, for me, downright frightening. Up until now, I was thinking that even with the majorities he has in Congress, the President's agenda would be hampered by fears of over-reaching. But talk like this - talking about re-creating the economy - that's borderline lunacy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up Dave. I like your way of thinking!
Miriam