Friday, July 18, 2008

Busy, Busy

I haven't blogged much, I know. Over 2 weeks since my last post. But life's been busy, and I haven't been particularly motivated to post anything.

But for an amusing distraction, enjoy the humor of auto-replace:

"It's hard for me to tell states that they can't impose whatever standards they decide to impose," McCain said. "I want to see Rick (Wagoner, GM’s CEO) sit down with the governor's and ask them what they need."

Wagoner said after the meeting that the company would prefer a national standard rather than state-by-state standards.

“We think the current CAFÉ standards are challenging and we’d like to focus on working on them,” he said.

Wagoner, of course, is refering to the CAFE (something, something fuel efficiency) standards, not Café (a place to enjoy a nice beverage and maybe a sandwich). Why did I find that funny? Perhaps it's a mark of how tired I am.

No comments: